Now in its second year, the awards evening– run in association with the Pride of St Helens Awards and in partnership with the St Helens Star and Steve Prescott Foundation – supports St Helens Council’s vision of celebrating the borough’s hardworking, innovative and enterprising business community.
Awards – the winners of which will be decided by a judging panel – range from best small, medium and large sized businesses; workplace health; and community impact – to a people’s choice award, decided by the public.
And there’s still time to get involved, with local businesses and organisations that have invested in St Helens encouraged to enter before Friday 13 September’s deadline.
The evening is a perfect opportunity to recognise the contribution of staff and network with others in order to boost business performance further – while finalists shortlisted for an award will receive a complimentary seat and discounted additional tickets, with dinner and wine included.
Eamonn McManus, chairman of the St Helens Economy Board, said: “There are so many great businesses in St Helens Borough and we need to tell people their stories to create inspiration and help raise aspirations and pride.
“While there are already a number of business awards in the UK that recognise success and achievement in the private sector, Invest St Helens Business Awards is different, as it celebrate the role of St Helens businesses, social enterprises and school’s investment in raising the profile of St Helens as a place to invest, live, learn, visit and work.”
The Invest St Helens Business Awards 2019 will be held on the evening of Thursday 7 November at the Totally Wicked Stadium.
The full list of categories is as follows:
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award – sponsored by Network Space
- Small Business of the Year Award – sponsored by Bericote
- Medium/Large Business of the Year Award – sponsored by Paramount Digital
- Excellence in Logistics and Manufacturing Award – sponsored by Brendon International
- Workplace Health Award – sponsored by Knauf Insulation
- Growing the Creative Industry Award – sponsored by St Helens College
- Skills for the Future Award – Sponsored by Lucam Consultancy
- Developer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Green Circle Estates
- Development of the Year Award – Sponsored by St Helens Council
- Community Impact Award – Sponsored by St Helens R.F.C.
For more information and to enter the awards, visit www.investsthelens.co.uk/business-awards